Ladders are gone …. on the latest Award Winning Readymix truck
Midlands-based concrete mixer supplier, Hymix, has redesigned the readymix concrete mixer taking away the need for the ladder and platform thus removing the necessity for the driver to work at height, helping to ensure his or her safety. This is just one of the latest innovations focusing on pedestrian, cyclist and driver safety and was launched by Hymix at ‘The 2019 Concrete Show’ on 20th and 21st March at the NEC, Birmingham. The mixer was awarded ‘Best New Product’ at the show and gave visitors a glimpse of how the industry continues to develop.
The latest innovations have been engineered to address the principal concerns of today’s readymix concrete industry including accidents with falls from height and slips, trips and falls, plus a number of measures to help reduce the environmental impact.
The removal of the ladder and platform has been achieved by adding both a drop down hopper and auto wash system, these key features allow the operator to clean the blades, capping and rear of the mixer without the need to climb a traditional ladder platform. The control system has also been extended to collect more information from the truck and will deploy safety devices to protect cyclists and pedestrians in busy urban environments.
With the new system emissions are reduced by managing the drum speed and engine condition during travelling and at the site. It is possible to make a fuel saving of up to 90% whilst waiting to deliver on site. After delivery Hymix not only provides for self-sufficient wash down but has also introduced a method of neutralizing the pH of the wash water making it harmless and safe to dispose of.
For the driver these new developments will reduce their workload allowing them to concentrate on safe driving. Additional safety features help reduce the frequency of rollovers and unplanned incidents whilst the Hymix site light system (SLS) has been extended to improve visibility further in low light conditions and when manoeuvring in tight spaces.
Hymix’s new Safety Specification Vehicle was unveiled at the 2019 UK Concrete Show at the N.E.C. on March 20th – 21st and won the ’Best New Product Award’,
Driving Mixer Safety
- Improved stability
- Rollover mitigation aid
- Drum speed management with Mix Master controls
- High level stop tail and indicator lamps – Work lamps triggered on reverse.
- Hymix Drum Hold (HDH) prevents unintended drum rotation when undertaking maintenance
- Charge Hopper Drop-Down– combined with the auto-wash facility the ability to lower the charge hopper gives the operator the best possible access for maintaining this area of the mixer unit. It also leaves the rear of the mixer open for cleaning with a high-pressure drum cleaning system.
- AutoWash Cleaning System – Wash programmes to sequentially clean the drum mouth, blades and hoppers removing potential build-up with a series of pressure jets. The process is made easier as both the mouth cone and loading hopper are fabricated in plastic.
- Slump Watch – The system also includes HYMIX SlumpWatch, an innovative solution to monitor and adjust the concrete properties either at the job site or on route. This provides excellent traceability and quality confirmation with future options for data transfer.